A career in hotels gives you a great chance to visit all parts of the world and a great chance to ‘climb up the ladder’. You’ll be working with friendly and motivated people who has that same chance as you. Hotel industry allows you to develop yourself - professionally and as a person.
LIST OF POSITIONS
There are many positions within the hotel industry:
• Hotel manager - recruiting, training and supervising staff, promoting and marketing the business, ensuring security is efficient, meeting and greeting customers etc.
• Cook - creating menu cards, preparing dishes, manage the food
• Hotel management trainee - multifunctional, involved in all departments
• Sous Chef - planning and directing food preparation, supervising kitchen staff, discipline underperforming staff crew
• Executive Chef - navigates kitchen staff, picking and developing recipes, designing and estimating menus
Other positions include: Executive Housekeeper, Assistant Housekeeper, Rooms Division Manager, Receptionist, F&B Manager, F&B (Cost) Controller, Director of Sales and Marketing and many more
Salaries in this field depend greatly on which position you pursue. General Managers will average $50,586 while Assistant General Managers $36,865 median pay. Executive Housekeepers and Front Office Managers make around $39,700 median pay. Directors of Sales and Marketing have the highest median pay at $67,597.
TOP 5 HOTELS IN USA
According to U.S. News, these are the best 5 hotels in the USA for 2016:
The Lodge at Sea Island
The Jefferson, Washington DC
ARIA Sky Suites
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
The Peninsula Beverly Hills